Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm still here...

although you wouldn't know it by my lack of posts on here! I seem to keep waiting for life to slow down so I can catch up on things...you would think by now that I would have learned that doesn't happen, and I need to figure out a way to get everything done regardless.

I am a list maker. In the recent past, I have struggled with not completing my list or it being outdated by the time I can get to it. I was trying to be diligent and stick to one task until it was completed and then to move on. I had a lightbulb moment in realizing that does not work for me. I thought of that saying about keeping all of the plates in the air spinning. If I spent all of my time twirling one plate, then the others would crash. If I rotate between them, they may not spin as quickly...but for the most part they will keep spinning. Now I am trying to work on a task for a certain amount of time, move on to the next plate and so on. I try to not have too many plates in the air at once, since tasks do need to be completed at some point...I find Doss is a little picky and insistent on having clothes to wear...pre-teens! ;) I rotate between a few, and as I finish one off add another one in. During the weekday I mainly switch between work items, and then later in the day focus more on home items, but they do intermix to a certain degree.

This manner also lets me pace myself physically. I try to alternate something more physical with something where I can sit down. For instance, I will fill some orders and then enter product in the store. This may not be rocket scientist stuff, but it is a new way of doing things for me...based on new situations and limitations.

Oops, I am about to drop a plate, so I had better switch to the next one. :)

Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment