Sunday, November 23, 2008

Well hello, this feels a little odd writing my first post...especially since no one will probably read it. :) I am writing this more for a way to focus on what is going on in my life and what is working and what is not. Hopefully I can learn from others through your comments as well. As I said on my profile, my heart's desire is to see myself through the Lord's eyes and to let that define me.

It is so easy at times to view myself through other people's eyes, or even my own, and those views are not always accurate. It took me a while to figure that one out. :) The only one who can always see the situation as it is and can see my heart is the Lord. The world's standards are so different than mine so if I use people and the things around me as my guide, it will always be "off". I also can easily get myself in trouble too. I am a people pleaser so if someone sees something "wrong" with me then I am quick to want to change. Now of course the Lord can use people to show me areas in my life that need changing or adjusting, but just because someone says I am missing the boat, doesn't automatically make it so. I must first consider the source...is it wise counsel in love...are others seeing this same issue....and first and foremost take it to the Lord in prayer. Now these are the things I SHOULD do....that doesn't always mean that is what I actually do....okay, let's be honest here...many times I don't. I get caught up in trying to please the person and show them how great I really am :-) rather than focusing on pleasing the Lord.

Hopefully this blog will give me accountability too. I am committed to being honest and true to who I really am, so it would get old to have to sign on here and repeatedly tell you how I have failed. ;) That will be a good motivator!

Please always feel free to leave a comment...I would love to get to know you!

Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment